Wednesday, February 6, 2008

my little project

I think one of my new favorite stores is Goodwill. I found this old table that used to house an old sewing machine for $14.99. You know the kind that I mean? You open it up and the sewing machine pops up. Anyway, the sewing machine was long gone and the hole that had the sewing machine in it was boarded up and had ugly green felt on top of it. It was weird. So I busted out the felt covered board, sanded it down, cut the hole on the top bigger, built a bottom to the hole to make it like a box, painted it black and added a handle. I'm going to use it as my own scrapbooking/cardmaking and sewing table. Anyway, so here are some 'before' and 'after' pictures. :o)

BEFORE
AFTER
It will be nice to have my own space to do my hobbies and not have to worry about taking up what little dining room table space we have. And then I'll just be able to store what ever I am currently working on in the table and get it out later. I'm excited to start using it!

9 comments:

Lawther family said...

your my hero Kim. I need to shop like you and get creative! Looks great!

Lawther family said...

OK Kim, this is what I need help with. I bought some stuff at shabby princess, now how do I put it as my main paper? And how do I get rid of the little tools on each thing I do?
Lopaka thinks we should end the blog and start all over with him doing it.... thats how I got my web page that I couldn't use with out his help... so if you can find time to email me... thanks.. :)

Emily said...

Sheesh, so awesome! You got your mom's amazing talent to make anything beautiful! I'm so impressed!

Natalie said...

Kim, It looks so cute and stylish and it will be perfect for your scrapbooking. I love to buy old things and fix them up, it makes you feel so good to get a bargain and then to actually have it look good is a bonus. It is always fun to have little projects to keep us BUSY housewives BUSY!

Amy said...

WOW! I am so impressed! Projects that big are so intimidating. How nice to have a little space to yourself.

Lawther family said...

Thanks Kim! I owe it all to you! And the funny thing is, all the pictures, Lopaka did those! :) He put the wild background paper too... I told him it would look funny, but he says no one will notice that it doesn't match up... I DO! We will see how long it lasts... but he is really enjoying it, and he showed me how to do the fun stuff to the pictures too. and all the stuff is from that one packet I bought from the shabby princess for just $6.00 Not to bad huh?

McKay and Rachel said...

That is truly one of the coolest ideas I have ever heard of! You are so clever! Nice work.

Ben & Diane said...

That's totally wicked. I wish I could just find the potential in everything. Actually, I wish I had the patience to sift through all the crap to find something good. Good work Kim.

the splendid life of us... said...

AWESOME! It looks great!