Monday, February 11, 2008

spotlight on the kids


ALL ABOUT SHAILEY


She loves princesses (see two posts down) and dressing up. She loves to sing, dance, play outside and read any book that she can get her hands on. Oh, and she likes to get her picture taken. I took this picture of her the other day with one of her new tops on that she got for her birthday. She (of course) wanted to do a "princess pose" and it turned out cuter than usual.


A couple of weeks ago she wanted to come to choir practice with me. I tried to tell her it would be boring but she insisted on coming. She was a trooper through the whole practice. After we finished the last song she turned to me and said, "When you sing that song I can feel a bump in my heart." It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Even at that age the Spirit can be felt. :o)


Shailey is a great helper at home and loves to help me clean up and especially fold clothes (she actually does a pretty good job, too). And I have to say that it's nice to have a little extra help sometimes. :o)


Shailey has also been into learning/making up songs on the piano. There is a video at the bottom of the post of her playing a song that she has spent the last few weeks learning. (I think she was a little nervous because she usually doesn't mess up that much.) She is a great little girl and we love her tons!

ALL ABOUT ELI

Eli is a little more quiet than Shailey unless he's playing with his swords--then all sorts of yelling, shouting and sword clanging can be heard. He loves to play outside and ride his bike or play with various sports balls. He loves cars, trains and airplanes. He also loves to sing but won't if you ask him to.

He is a very sweet little boy and loves to cuddle with you and give you hugs. He is always one of the first to come over and help me clean up a big mess or fix a big problem (usual caused by Isaac). He's very proud of himself for being potty-trained (so are we!) and he loves to mention whenever he can that he's a big boy. Oh, and he also has a fascination with Disneyland maps and could have a future career as a tour guide there someday. There is a video of him playing Guitar Hero from Christmas break (sorry it's so dark) at the bottom of the post. We love Eli! He's a great little kid. :o)


ALL ABOUT ISAAC

Isaac never ceases to entertain us. Whether it's a little dance or a new phrase that he's picked up. He's so much fun! He loves pretty much everything Eli does and loves to follow him around. Some of the phrases he's been saying lately are "It's funny, Daddy/Mommy!" or when I'm fixing a meal "Is it ready?" (he picked up that one from Eli--go figure!) or if I'm calling for him he'll yell "Coming!". I get a kick out of him because I never know what he's going to say next. :o)

He's also a great helper-whether it's helping to clean up a mess or make one! He loves to help with dishes and he loves to help me pick up toys and put them into containers. He's also a goof ball (just like Danny!) and just acts silly sometimes. There's a video of him and his random silliness at the very bottom. I wasn't able to capture it on camera but just before this he was twisting over and over on the couch for a solid minute. Danny called it "the pencil sharpener" move. Too bad I was too slow with getting the camera out. That tends to happen a lot! He's a great little boy and brings a lot of joy to the whole family. We love him!


Here's Shailey's song.




Here's Eli's mad guitar skills.




General silliness with Isaac.

7 comments:

Lawther family said...

Your kids are so cute Kim. It was fun to see them in action. Shailey is really good at the piano, but the fun part was that she had to hold her scarf up to one side while she played! Fun kids!

Emily said...

That was cool...it's fun to learn about your kids. I mean, we all can see that they are cute, but it's nice to know MORE about them. Looks like you have some good helpers at your house!

Matt and Christy said...

Your children are so beautiful! It is great to see them now compared to when we saw them last. They have grown up so much, and it must be really fun to have three little ones!

the splendid life of us... said...

They are so cute! I love that picture of Shailey. When I was little I used to think that it was cute like a princess to pucker my lips for pictures. I would love to see two little Danny's running around!

Amy said...

That was super fun! What a good idea! Your kids are really adorable!!!!! I love all of the videos!

Lawther family said...

I am totally stealing your cute idea and doing a spotlight on my kids... :) Hope you don't mind.
I will have to figure out how to do videos!

Desiree said...

Loved getting to know your kids! How do you do the fancy title at the top? I noticed Mandy has one too. It's cute!
Desi