Well, I had the chance to see Wicked on Saturday and it was great! I loved it! They did a great job tying it all in to the original story of the Wizard of Oz. All of the main characters from the Wizard of Oz made an appearance in Wicked (in one form or another) and it was fun to see how the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch came to be. If you ever get the chance to see it, I highly recommend it. Thanks for the invite Ditte! It was so much fun. :o)
I had a wondeful Mother's Day. I woke up to breakfast in bed. Danny and the kids made me "MOM" pancakes (pancakes shaped like the letters 'M', 'O', and 'M'). And then Shailey and Eli sang a primary song to me about mothers. Isaac would probably have sung too if (1) he knew the song, and (2) he wasn't longing for my "MOM" pancakes. I gave him one of the "M's" so he'd stop fussing and I could enjoy the singing. So I guess I had "OM" pancakes...or "MO" pancakes. Anyway, Danny got the kids their own pancakes after that. :o)They had a really nice Mother's Day program at church. My favorite part was, of course, when Shailey and Eli went up with the Primary kids to sing "Mother I Love You". We just so happened to be sitting in the front (usually we opt for seats in the very back) so we had a very good view of them singing.
After church the kids showed me the hanging fuschia baskets that they bought for me on Saturday. They are so beautiful! The kids each picked out a flower for me also and helped pot them. It was so cute knowing that they picked them out and potted them by themselves (well, with a little help!). 


And then Danny slaved away in the kitchen making stir-fry (the dinner I wanted on Mother's Day). It was delicious! He's such a wonderful husband. :o)
All in all it was the best Mother's Day yet. I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day as well! :o)
6 comments:
I am so glad that you loved Wicked. I could see that play over and over again. The music is the best part! Sounds like your kids and husband spoiled you on Mother's Day! I am glad, you deserve it. Ecspically after last week!!
I would love to see Wicked, I'm glad you liked it! Fuschia's are so pretty! Glad you had a great day.
I loved the MOM pancakes idea, and too cute that they were so irresistable. Glad you had a good day! I had to make my own pancakes, oh well, it was still a good one.
What a fun weekend you had, and what wonderful Husband and kids you have. I still have not seen Wicked, but have heard nothing but good things about it. I told Scott he and I need to go and see it together. Especially since we live right here, so close to LA.
I'm glad you had fun! The mom pancakes are so cute! I'm glad Danny did a good job, we'd kick him if he didn't! And I'm a little jealous of the stir fry, that sounds so good! I haven't had Boman stir fry in a while. Sorry it's late, but we love you Kim, happy mother's day!
Go Danny! Sounds like you had a great Mom day! Glad Danny is back - parenting is hard enough with two let alone just one!
Post a Comment