Monday, July 21, 2008

cute kids

The kids have done a lot of cute things recently. The other day Shailey and Eli were playing "superheroes" with their stuffed animals. Shailey said that she was "Plump Girl" with the power to make things plump (I know!). Eli didn't say what his superhero name was. He did say that his superpower was being scared of people (I really hope he meant people would be scared of him and not the other way around!). I thought they were pretty silly.

They were outside sword fighting the other day, too. I went out there and asked them if they would do some fighting poses for me so I could take pictures. This is what I got (let me remind you that they came up with these poses entirely by themselves, completely uncoached).

On Saturday I sang in our Stake's Pioneer Day program. Since I couldn't sit with Danny and the kids he was left alone on a pew to entertain all three by himself (not an easy task). Anyway, Danny told me that Eli kept eyeing a cute little blonde girl sitting in front of them. No matter what Danny did, he couldn't hold Eli's attention. His eyes kept wandering back to that little girl. The following is the conversation that ensued:

Danny: Eli, is she cute?

Eli: Yeah. :o)

Danny: Do you like her?

Eli: Yeah!

Danny: Do you want to tell her you like her?

Eli: Yeah!

(Eli goes up to the girl, holds up his fist and grits his teeth)

Eli: ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

(The little girl wrinkles up her nose, crosses her arms and shakes her head 'no')

Eli: ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Same reaction from the little girl)

I guess that's a three year old boy's way of saying 'I like you'. So funny!

On the topic of Eli, he gave his first talk in Primary yesterday. He talked on missionary work (we used your "Little Talks" missionary work talk, mom! Thanks!). There were a couple of times when Eli didn't quite hear me right when I whispered what to say into his ear. Here are a couple of those times.

Me: If I share the gospel with others...

Eli: If I share the gospel with mothers... :o)

Me: I want be a missionary now...

Eli: I want to be a missionary man... :o)

I thought it was pretty cute. He did a great job with his first talk.
Isaac had been sick the last couple of days. He needed a lot of diaper changes (if you know what I mean). Yesterday, shortly after Danny had changed him he says very quickly
"I need anudda diapa change!"
And Danny asks,
"You need another diaper change?"
Isaac says very quickly,
"No, I don't!"
Danny says,
"You don't?"
Isaac says,
"I don't!"
Well he did need another diaper change. So Danny changes him and is about to put the clean diaper on when Isaac says,
"I gonna need anudda diapa change." :o) Poor kid! It was still funny though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud! I can't wait for Bennett to start talking so I can know what goes on in his little head. "I gonna need anudda diapa change." Hilarious! You have such cute kids!

Natalie said...

It always puts a smile on my face when I hear comments from honest, little kids. I always love to jot down funny little conversations I have with my kids. It is always fun to go back and read them later on.

I love the poses also. Shailey is quite the little poser, maybe you have a little actress on your hands.

Amy said...

SOOoooooo cute!! Great pictures! And great stories! Your kids are super adorable!