Friday, October 31, 2008

congratulations shailey!

Shailey's teacher, Mrs. Crenshaw, picked her for Student of the Month in her class. Each teacher picked one student in their class that demonstrated the "Character Trait of the Month" the best. September's "Character Trait" was "Responsibility" so she chose Shailey. :o) We were invited to attend the assembly where they handed out the certificates to the students. It was supposed to be a surprise so Shailey didn't know we were going to be there. She was the first named called and she was so surprised she didn't know what to do! Once she got up on stage and she finally saw us in the back waving at her the look of surprise on her face was priceless! I only wish I had my camera during the assembly.


After the assembly Shailey got to leave school 30 minutes early so we took her out to ice cream. She got marshmallow-flavored ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. At least her and the boys seemed to like it. I would never pick ice cream that tasted like marshmallows. Way to go Shailey! Congratulations! :o)

2 comments:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Congratulations Shailey! I'm sure the teacher had no problem at all in deciding who was the most responsible in the class!! Her biggest challenge will be having to choose a different student each month since I am sure you are at the top of the list in each category! Love you lots, Grandma

Lawther family said...

Way to go. She is such a sharp little girl.