Saturday, March 21, 2009

fairy art

I love fairies. I will admit that one of my guilty pleasures is playing Pixie Hollow with Shailey. We both have our own fairies that we love to dress up and play games with. Recently they ran an art contest with the theme "Fairy Friendships" so Shailey and I decided to enter. She told me what to draw and I drew it and submitted it. We titled it "A Mother-Daughter Friendship" since the picture featured her fairy (in pink) and my fairy (in yellow).

It's been about two weeks sinced I mailed the picture. Shailey was getting on today to play and thought she'd check to see if they had selected winners yet. Lo and behold, there was our picture listed as one of the Grand Prize winners. And the prize? A Nintendo DS with the Tinker Bell game. (My other guilty pleasure is playing video games and I have always wanted a DS but could never justify spending around $130 for one!).

This was Shailey's reaction when she found out we were one of ten Grand Prize winners. :o)





8 comments:

Emily said...

Okay is there no end to your creative and artistic abilities? My goodness! You are awesome, and I bet Shailey is thinking she has the best mom in the world right now.

Congrats!

McKay and Rachel said...

ummm you are an amazing artist! Holy Cow! WOW! Nice work!

The Lowarys said...

Congrats- that picture is AMAZING!!! And I LOVE Shailey's reaction- too cute!!

marianne walker said...

Way to go chica! Love the cute drawing and I know you'll enjoy your winnings. Congrats!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Lucky girls! Have fun with your prize. Are you going to share it with the "boys" in the house?

Natalie said...

YOU ARE ONE AMAZING TALENTED WOMAN! Way to go, and congrats on the the nintendo DS, I new you loved video games, now you are going to be unstopable!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I'm so impressed.Though I never doubted your talent. Have fun! I love you and miss you guys. Love, MOM Boman

Lizzie said...

You DREW that?? Wow. And I love Shailey's idea! So cute with you baking cookies together. I love it. Congratulations on the win. = )