Friday, October 12, 2007

ants, ants, ants!


Shortly after we moved in we found out we had an ant problem. Seriously. If I didn't sweep the floors before bed I would wake up to find those ants swarming to every miniscule crumb on the floor. It drove me nuts! So then I would spend my mornings in my pajamas swatting ants on the floor with a flattened cereal box from the recycling all the while feeling a little guilty as the phrase "All creatures of our God and King.." repeated over and over in my head. I know that God created ants and that they are amazing creatures, I just don't want them all over my kitchen and dining room! We were also finding them in the bathroom (which is strange to me-we don't eat in there, I swear) and they liked to hang out in the bathtub faucet. So every time you turned on the faucet you were greeted by the lovely site of ants pouring out. GROSS! Anyway, the exterminator finally came today so hopefully our ant problem won't be a problem anymore. We had to stay out of the house for four hours while the chemicals did their thing. The kids had fun since we got a pizza, went to the park to eat and play and then went to the library. It ended up being a really fun day, exterminator and all!

No comments: