Thursday, October 11, 2007

new changes













So after a long long LONG drive and a stressful week of house hunting we are finally settled into our new place in Camarillo, California and we love it here! The kids have an ginormous backyard to play in, the weather has been awesome (between 75-80 degrees), and I love how there are palm trees everywhere! The library here is fantastic! They have an entire "discovery section" for kids with a huge pirate ship that looks shipwrecked that houses books and seating. The kids love the beach, also. It was the first time they had been to a "real" beach that wasn't too cold to play on. (I know Oregon has beaches...but it's not the same as a southern California beach.)

Danny is enjoying his new job and new boss so far. He is really excited about his new postion in Field Sales. He thinks that he will really enjoy driving around to actually meet with customers face to face instead of over the phone like his previous position.

I am enjoying my time at home with the kids. Although I look around and am sometimes overwhelmed with all that still needs to be done. But all in good time, right? I'm not super woman or anything. :o) I am really anxious to decorate the kids' rooms. The boys are sharing a room and Shailey has her own room (which she is soooooo excited about...and me too!) I really want to decorate both rooms in the extremes for boys and girls rooms. So for the boys, a lot of blues and reds and bold colors, and for Shailey a lot of pinks and purples and princesses.

I am also trying to work on Halloween costumes. Now, I can sew a little...and I may be in way over my head, but I'm going to sew a pirate costume for Eli. Shailey is going to be Snow White. She had a hand-me-down Snow White dress, but the skirt was torn and really needed to be replaced. So I nervously took the stitches out holding the skirt together, cut out new fabric, gathered it up and stitched a new skirt back on. I figured as long as I was sewing I'd add some embellishments so we made her dress even fancier. It turned out great! And Isaac is going to wear a hand-me-down dinosaur costume. It's a little short in the legs since it's for a younger babies, but everything else fit him fine. So I'm going to work on making some kind of dinosaur feet that strap over his shoes and come up to his ankles or something. I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, that's all for now. I will post more later. Oh! One more thing that happened today! Our bedroom door apparently had a lock on it that we hadn't even noticed before....and found out we had the hard way. Eli and Isaac locked themselves in the bedroom. I thought to myself, "Oh, no big deal. I'll just unlock it from the outside." WRONG! It required a KEY to open it! WHAT?? So I called our landlords after trying to explain to Eli how to unlock the door to no avail. (How is it that he figured out how to lock it in the first place but couldn't figure out how to UN-lock it??) Our landlords, Dennis and Nellie, a retired couple, quickly came over to help. Nellie looked at the door and didn't even realize there was a door knob that locked like that in the house and felt sooo terrible since Isaac was bawling on the other side of the door. They called a locksmith who arrived very quickly, he opened the door in literally two seconds (I was amazed!), and wouldn't charge since there were kids locked in there. So anyway, our door currently has no knob and will be replaced with a privacy lock that can be opened easily by a grown-up on the other side. Needless to say, Eli and I had a little talk about locks.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so excited that you started a blog. It sounds like your life is going great!!! Thats crazy about the kids being locked in the room. Jackson locked me completely out of the house one day after we went on walk. I went back out to get his stroller and boom the door was locked and Ben was unreachable at work with what I thought was the only other key. 20 minutes later Ben called on his way home and told me about the hide a key his grandma keeps. That would have been nice to know! I am excited for you to post pictures....you should put some up of the kids costumes that you are making!

Kim said...

As soon as I get the costumes finished I will take pictures. Eli's costume is coming along nicely. I'm really excited!

Manda said...

I haven't seen you guys in forever, Isaac is so huge now! The pictures of all the kids are so cute. And scary that they locked themselves in the bathroom! I am excited to see pictures of the Halloween costumes and the decorated rooms! And I'm so glad you found a house! Anyway we love and miss you guys, and can't wait to see you!