Monday, January 28, 2008

once upon a time...

So the other night Danny was tucking Shailey into bed and instead of asking him to tell her a story, she wanted to tell him a story. This was Shailey's story as remembered by Danny...

"Once upon a time there was a King named Daddy, a Queen named Mommy, a princess named Shailey, a prince named Eli and a little knight named Isaac. (Don't ask me why Isaac is not royalty like the rest of us, it's her story so naturally it doesn't make sense.)
One day, Princess Shailey and Prince Eli went for a walk in the forest and got lost. Then they met a dragon! But he was a nice dragon, not a mean dragon. The dragon asked,
"Are you lost?"
"Yes," said Princess Shailey.
"Where do you live?" said the dragon. (Let's just ignore the fact that the kids were talking to a stranger here.)
Princess Shailey said, "We live in a big castle. If you see a little knight there that's how you will know it's our castle. (I loved that part!)

The dragon offered to give them a ride home to their castle so they climbed on his back and flew away. After a little bit they found their castle with the little knight. Princess Shailey and Prince Eli said,
"Thank you dragon!"
"You're welcome," said the dragon, "I hope you find your books!" (What???)

The End

I'm not kidding, that's how it ended. And no, I didn't leave out any magic quests for missing books. That was it. Of course she thought the ending to her story was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing about it. What a silly little girl!

Some more on Shailey, since her birthday is this Tuesday we were shopping for her birthday presents on Saturday and found this adorable dress for her. It was marked down to about $10.00 at JC Penney so we bought it for her. She looks so grown-up in it! :o) Here's a picture of her playing the piano (one of her new favorite activities!)...

I always have such a hard time getting her to smile and pose normally...this is what I get when I ask for a normal smile and pose...

She would rather do what she calls "princess poses" which turn out to look like this...


I don't think she realizes that she's not even smiling in that photo. :o) The only time I can get genuine cute smiles is when she's really happy and doesn't know her picture's being taken or if I'm not asking her to smile, like in this picture...

Why can't she smile like this all the time? She can be so cute! I just don't get it! (Oh, and Eli is pretty cute, too!)

2 comments:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Shailey, I love your new dress, you look so grown-up! I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow! We love and miss you guys...Grandma

Manda said...

Happy Birthday Shailey! Sorry we're late! We love you, and you are adorable! I love the princess pose, and the new dress is so cute! We hope you had a wonderful day yesterday!