Wednesday, May 7, 2008

single parent

So Danny is gone for a few days and I'm left at home to watch the kids by myself...all day...for 4 days. He left early Monday morning and by the afternoon I was already going crazy. I'm not kidding. Anyway, he'll be back late Thursday night but I miss him a lot. I hate being home by myself and I hate sleeping by myself. Last night I woke up Shailey and had her come into bed with me. That turned out to be a mistake since Isaac woke up in the middle of the night and also ended up sharing my bed with me. So then I had two kids kicking me all night. So tonight (if I can even go to sleep...it's already 1:30 in the morning! Yikes!) I will be enjoying the whole bed to myself thank you very much!

I'm going to see Wicked on Saturday with a group of friends. I'm really looking forward to it and I think that after this week is done it's going to be a much needed break from the kids. Sorry Danny! Just think of it as an early Mother's Day gift to me!

One more thing. The kids and I planted sunflowers from seeds and have been watching them grow. I've been taking pictures of them each week. Here's how much they grew in April! It's amazing!

The tallest ones have now reached the horizontal fence piece on the top. It's crazy how much they grow! Well, I should probably try to go to sleep so I'm not zombie mom tomorrow. Good night!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, those sunflowers are awesome! How cool! Well, don't worry, Danny will be home tomorrow, and I think if anyone can handle three kids solo it's you! I hope you don't go crazy, and have lots of fun at Wicked!!!

Natalie said...

What a fun idea. I bet your kids love watching them grow.

I hate when Scott leaves too. I found it to hard to sleep with the kids, but I let them make a be on my floor in my bedroom and they think that is soo cool. So now they don't mind when Scott leaves, they know they get to sleep on my floor. It helps me also to know they are right there. Sadie still does the crib thing, hope that still lasts for a little while longer.

Manda said...

I'm sorry Kim, being the only parent is so hard! You're over halfway there now though!
I heard wicked was really good, I hope you have fun without the kids!
Your sunflowers are getting huge! I just bought some sunflower seeds yesterday, now I really want to plant them! I hope it's not too late, I know nothing about gardening.

Matt and Christy said...

I feel your pain, Kim. In a couple of weeks, I will be a single parent for four months while Matt is training for his new job. I am DREADING it! At least I don't have three kids to keep track of. I agree that the worst part is sleeping alone. I feel a lot safer when he is home with me. When he is gone, I lay in bed staring at the door in fear until I finally fall asleep out of pure exhaustion! It is going to be a LONG four months!

Desiree said...

Cool Sunflowers! I love watching things grow, I just wish we could actually get them to grow :-) Seems you guys got it down.

Desiree

rose said...

whew! hope you made it without pulling toooooo much hair out! it is tough without the hubby around, i know. the sunflowers are awesome! please take a pic when they bloom!

Lawther family said...

how fun. I should do something like that with my boys. Sunflowers are my favorite. Hope you have fun at Wicked. I need a girls weekend like that. :)