
We've been working hard lately in any way we can to support Proposition 8 here in California, whether it be our time or donations. For any of you who don't know about Prop 8, you can read about it here. Or you can watch this really great video on You Tube that explains Prop 8 very well.
This past week our whole family has set aside time in the evenings to join others in our ward to do "sign waving" at different intersections to show our support. The kids have been real troopers each time we've done it. Shailey was so funny a few nights ago. While she's waving her sign she yells, "Remember, have a boy marry a girl!" It was too funny! The kids are always talking about our "Yes on 8" sign and "Yes on 8" sticker that's on our car. It's cute that they want to be involved in something that they know so little about. I think that deep down they know it's important. :o) We've got another busy week of sign waving and other volunteer work for Prop 8. We just all hope and pray that this passes. It scares me to think what will happen if it doesn't. If you don't live in California, we would appreciate all your prayers!
7 comments:
That's awesome that you guys are putting in so much time and support! That video was very helpful, and explained the proposition very well. I understand a little better now, a lot of what I've heard is true then. I sure hope it passes!
ps, I sat behind your family today in stake conference, Kim!
I'm glad that you are supporting this! Although I don't live in California, I know how important this is. Adoptions through LDS adoptions will be affected, and everything spreads to Oregon and other states after California. Keep up the good work!
That's so cute that they are such good helpers. And it's awesome that they're helping in the community so young!
Just fyi...ldsfs adoptions won't be affected by prop 8 since they don't receive federal or state funding.
Its a scary time for all things huh? I hope and pray that this passes. It will change our world if not. Cute that your kids are so willing to help. They are such cute kids.
Hi my aunt is Carol Malone that is how I found your page. I live in Utah and I have been trying to decide if we face this decision would I vote yes or no. I have a relative who is gay and I was not sure how to respond to this. I am thankful for your video it shows I can still love them but not support the change.
Thank you for the comment! I have a gay relative also and he has always been (and still is) one of my favorite family members. I love him also, but I worry about what broad acceptance of gay marriage would do to our society. As goes the family, so goes the nation! I'm glad that our support for prop 8 doesn't affect the way we feel about our family and friends that don't agree with us! :o)
So how do you approach the subject with your kids? Are they old enough to ask questions about it. I know my kids love hanging out with my relative but they havnt figured out they are more than just friends. I'm not sure at what point I talk to my kids and how to start. I have a 7 and a 4 year old.
Post a Comment