Friday, September 3, 2010

Where did summer go?

Am I the only one who felt like summer went by in a flash?  It feels like the kids just got out of school and now theyre back in.  If I were a kid I would be feeling sooooo ripped off right now.

So here's our summer in a nutshell...

Our Hawaii Trip
Okay.  Technically this happened before summer but I never got around to posting anything about it.  So here are a few highlights.


























































































We had a blast and would love to go back someday!


Isaac's Birthday
Isaac turned four this summer AND he is finally potty trained.  I can't even tell you how happy I am about that!  We are so happy for him! :o)

























Nana and Grandpa's Visit
Danny's parents came down to visit us one more time before leaving for their mission to Tahiti.  We were so happy to spend a few days with them!




Kara's Visit
What kind of lame sister am I that I didn't take a single picture of Kara's visit???  Sorry Kara!  We had a lot of fun with her here though.  We went to the beach, went to a movie, ate out a couple times, made homemade cookies and ice cream, and played a lot of Wii.  The kids were sad to see her go home. (This picture was taken at another time.)


So that was pretty much our whole summer vacation!  Now we're back in school and ready for another year with Shailey in 2nd grade and Eli in 1st grade.  It should be fun!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It did go by way too fast. I just love those hawaii pictures AND your family picture, that's just super cute.

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Yes, summer went by fast, but I look forward to Fall. It has the illusion of life slowing down, even though it really doesn't! Plus, we get to come and see four terrific grandkids and their awesome parents in October!!