Wednesday, November 7, 2007

is it christmas yet?

So it always seems that once Halloween is over with I'm always super anxious for Thanksgiving to hurry and come because I love to eat. And then once Thanksgiving is over (and I mean literally the day after) I start decorating for Christmas. I love Christmas! It is the best holiday of the entire year in my opinion. And I'm super excited this year since we'll be making the drive up to Oregon to visit our family. It's going to be great! But until then I'm trying to enjoy the fall. I've been working more on actual "fall decorations". I made an autumn candle arrangement that I really love but more importantly, was super easy. I got the idea off of http://www.bhg.com/ which just so happens to be one of my favorite websites. It looks better in person, I promise. :o)I'm not very good at coming up with creative ways to decorate for fall so all I did was put pumpkins on the mantel. Not very creative, I know. But I did glue the leaves and tie the ribbons and raffia on them to dress them up a little more.And to complete my rather sparse decorations: a wreath. I actually made it a couple of years ago. But it's festive nonetheless, right?

Danny and I will be attempting our first Thanksgiving on our own. So if anyone knows how to cook a turkey, you mind filling me in?? I've heard a lot about brines and such so I may go that route...I'm still not sure. Anyway, we're kind of excited to be doing Thanksgiving on our own this year. I hope it will all turn out ok!

Yesterday we met up with Danny in Anaheim. He was visiting with some customers down there so we spent the evening at Disneyland. What a difference a weekday makes! The park was SO dead! We went on so many rides that were too busy the last time we were there. We all had a really great time even though the park closed early. We felt like we did more in those four hours than we did an entire Saturday. The little roller coaster in Toon Town was so dead that we were able to ride on it over and over without getting off. It was great!

On another note, I finished the first Harry Potter book last week and I really enjoyed it. It's interesting how there are so many small differences between the book and the movie that make them both unique even though they are the same story. I'm anxious to check out the second book at the library until I can borrow some of them from my sister during Christmas.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful decorations! I especially like the pumpkins. I just think they look so cute! I love Thanksgiving but I am already in the Christmas spirit too! Good luck with your own Thanksgiving. That sounds like such a big job!

McKay and Rachel said...

Your blog is adorable! Your fall decor is wonderful. You keep up your blog so good! I am sure your friends and family love to look at it and feel totally in touch with you and what is going on! I am so glad you guys like Camarillo and hope you stay here for a long time. We will have to get our kids together again soon!
Love,
Rachel
p.s. i am totally putting you on my friends and family list - hope that is ok?!!!

Lizzie said...

You are a really good writer-your blog is interesting to read. Do you guys have Disneyland passes?? Where exactly do you live again? So this might be a little far out there, but we are spending Thanksgiving alone out here, with just Shad's Mom, would you even consider coming out? You could totally sleep over, we have plenty of room. I know it's probably too big of a hassle and you seem excited to try it on your own, but we would LOVE to have you come out if you want.

Lizzie said...

Oh also, I love you fall decorations. You seem like a really good decorator.

Kim said...

Lizzie, I don't even know if you will see this comment in response to yours. I just saw your comments today! Ha ha! Silly me! Anyway, that is so super sweet of you to invite us over. :o) I think that we're just going to go solo this year, though. We've never done it before so we're kind of looking forward to it. Thank you so much for the invite though! As for passes to Disneyland, yes, we have annual passes. Do you guys??? It would be so cool to get together sometime! :o) Danny would love to see you and your fam. :o)