Wednesday, December 12, 2007

christmas at disneyland

We went to Disneyland last Friday and it was the first time any of us had been there around Christmas time. It was so cool to see the park all decked out. I was most impressed with the gigantic tree at the front of Main Street that was definitely the biggest tree I've ever seen in my life. Here's a picture of our family standing in front of it and if you'll notice you can't even see the entire bottom of the tree in the picture. It was very cool. :o)



We also loved the castle. It looked so cool! For anyone out there who is a fan of icicle lights, you would love the lights on the castle. The ultimate in icicle lights!



Small World looked very cool also. I can't believe how many lights were on there! It was very cool to see them all light up at once with a big musical show at 5pm. We didn't even know it was going to happen. We just happened to be down there at that time. I'm not the biggest fan of this ride but it was very fun to see the "holiday" version. It's much more bearable to hear Jingle Bells over and over as opposed to It's a Small World!



New Orleans was also all decked out. It was so cool!



We also got to see the Christmas Parade which was fun. We stayed for the fireworks show but it was cancelled due to high winds. They still made it "snow" for us though. Even though it wasn't real snow it was a lot of fun for the kids. We had a lot of fun! I've always wanted to see the park during Christmas. I'm so glad I finally got the chance. :o)

On another note, I am now on book 5 of the Harry Potter books. You guys were right!! I can't put these books down! I love them! I'm sure Danny thinks I'm crazy. But I don't care. :o)

5 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

It looks like it is an awsome time of year to go there!

Amy said...

WOW! That looks soooooo fun! I love the castle. I'm glad you posted all of the pictures. Your family looks so cute in front of the tree! I like how its not just the tree that is huge but also the decorations.
Harry Potter book 5! That is very exciting. Book 5 is a big turning point in the series. I love book 5 but am sooooo excited for you to read 6 and 7. They are soooo much fun.
Have a very merry Christmas in Oregon!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Those pictures are so awesome. Have I said enough times how jealous I am that you live so close?

And number 5 already! You go girl! I marched right over to hollywood video because movie 5 came out yesterday. I've seen it obviously, I just needed to have it in my possession...it's so good! I'm glad you're liking them!

McKay and Rachel said...

You guys are brave to do Disneyland with 3 kids! Sounds like you had fun. The Christmas lights look awesome there.

rose said...

how fun! and beautiful (your family and the tree). and thanks for commenting on my blog. i wonder sometimes if anyone actually reads it.
i live out by palm springs, but i come out to the valley sometimes to see family in simi valley and thousand oaks. next time i'm out, i'd love to see you guys! it would sure bring back memories!