Monday, July 6, 2009

auditions

Okay, so Danny made me audition to sing the national anthem for "Mormon Night" at Dodger Stadium and I didn't want to do it. But like I said, he made me do it. :o) I had to send in two recorded songs of myself singing: the national anthem and a song of my choice. I had to fill out an application along with the bishop's approval. I had to send it in by June 15th. I then I waited.

Recently I got a letter back saying that out of over 500 applicants from around the US and Canada, I was being selected as one of 80 semi-finalists to audition live in front of a panel of judges on July 18th. Now I am terrified! I hate auditioning! People have asked me, "Well, isn't it just the same as singing in church?" NO! It's totally different! When I sing in church I don't have people critiquing my performance to my face. So since the live auditions are actually at an LDS chapel near the LA Temple, I'm just going to pretend that I'm just singing in church. Now I just have to convince my nerves. :o)

11 comments:

Emily said...

Um...that is pretty dang cool! I'm glad Danny made you do it, you'd be perfect! Congrats...and make sure yo tell us when to watch!

Manda said...

That is so awesome Kim! I played the clip, and we couldn't believe how amazing you are! Try not to worry, you will be awesome!

Violet said...

Holy cow Kim!!!! That is so awesome!!!! If you get to do it does that mean we wont be sitting next to your family at the game any more? Wow this is so exciting!!! You are going to do great!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

YOU ARE Amazing, I have told you that before. Congrats and good luck,, wish we were there to hear you, (HOPEFULLY)! You will do great, just close your eyes and no one will see you RIGHT? That's what Sadie thinks anyway!

Heidi said...

Congrats! My husband told me that Danny was auditioning. I guess you did better than him!! You will do great!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your husband sounds pretty cool. You must be pretty lucky to have him. You should totally iron all his work shirts just to let him know how awesome he is.

-Anonymous

emily barlocker scott said...

Yay! I love when you sing! You should bring Isaac to the audition to charm them... you'd have it in the bag!

McKay and Rachel said...

ummm you are sooo cool! I am so glad you auditioned! Best of luck. I am sure you will do wonderful!!!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

I think it's so exciting! I will have two kids performing on the same day, you in LA, and McKay in Springfield! You will do great! Now that you have figured out the recording studio thing, you know what would be a great Christmas gift....someday! We'll be praying for your nerves that day. Love you! BTW, that anonymous post sounds a lot like a guy named Danny, but it couldn't be because I hear he likes to iron not only his work shirts, but that he does all the family laundry, cooking, and cleaning! What a guy!

Lawther family said...

Oh my crazy!! I am so excited for you! I love to hear you sing. You will do an amazing job. I will be thinking of you and keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted. And GOOD LUCK! :)

Paul and Michelle said...

this is so cool kim! good luck!!!