I think the nesting instinct may have begun early for me and taken on the form of sewing projects. Danny will agree that I have been glued to my sewing machine the past several days trying to get project after project done. I'm not finished yet, but I'm close. I think (so I don't ignore my family beyond repair) that I will take a break for awhile. I just want to get these projects done now while I still have energy and while I'm still somewhat comfortable.
This is what I've done the last few days...
I finished three more burp clothes. The day we found out we were having a girl, I zipped off to JoAnn to buy lots of cute, girly fabrics! :o)

Then I made three blankets.
And today I finshed a slipcover for my Boppy. This was the Boppy before...

And this is the Boppy with the new slipcover. It has a zipper in the back. (I am not a fan of sewing with zippers, by the way. I think I will just go for easy velcro next time!)

And finally, though I haven't started sewing it yet, I did buy fabric for the crib set I will be sewing. This is what I chose...
This will be the outside of the bumper pads.
This will be the inside of the bumper pads.
And this will be the dust ruffle.
I can't wait to see it all finished!




8 comments:
Wow! You're amazing! Such cute stuff! :)
I have a blanket made out of the dust ruffle fabric with minky on the back and it is sooo comfortable! I recognize all of those and I love them! good choices! The boppy especially is so cute! I'm impressed that you're getting all of this done already. You're smart to get it all done early.
Keep posting pics!
Wow! I can't believe how much you've gotten done in such a short amount of time! Did you really do it all yourself...or have you started a little sweat shop with Shailey, Eli, and Isaac chained to the sewing machine? I'm sure that they are big helpers!! Anyway, it all looks great. We can't wait to come for visit, then we can see it all in person (and see of all of you in person, too!)
um, i think i am nesting with you- i've been sewing a TON the past few days, but i'm not prego, so i'm not sure how that works. i'm very very impressed with the boppy cover (LOVE the fabric too). that must have been quite tricky with the shape AND a zipper. so nice! and super cute choice on the crib fabric. lucky girl that she has a mom to sew cute things! oh and i don't think i have said congrats yet, so CONGRATS!!!!
I LOVE the fabric you chose for the crib set - it is ADORABLE!
I bought fabric... but since I still have 3 weeks - I've got nothing but time!
look at you go! I love the bedset it will look great.
I just got a new sewing machine. we shall see if I can use it now! It is all digital! :0
I hope you are doing well and I am still waiting to see if you did at your audition... :)
I LOVE all your sewing projects...I'm especially interested in knowing how you made the burp cloths...my daughter's expecting twin girls this month & I'd LOVE to make some for her...would you be willing to share the pattern? Thanks for the AWESOME photos - everything looks great!! ~Debbie Freitas (from church)
P.S. I love being in the nursery with Isaac - he's such a sweet kid!
Post a Comment